Friday, January 13, 2012

This is the second batch of prints that I'm uploading. The assignment was to create an ethnic fashion collection. Researching Nigerian textiles and Google searching my way through photos, I fell in love with head scarves, masks, and elaborate hairstyles. I decided to center the collection around head scarves, creating sculptures with the implied fabric. All work is hand drawn and manipulated digitally.





I also wanted to create a more commercial look that would use similar prints. I focused more on the use of sheer garments to highlight a subtle overload of pattern over pattern.



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work.

    The commerical "collection" is definitely something one can imagine in an actual boutique.

    I think you could design, and that you should design.

    And hire me to do PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm TOTALLY digging the last one, the yellow and grey one. i'm obsessed with that color combo right now. they're all beautiful. awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

Tweet